2006-10-18

the day a CRACK brought down a city

I am a little annoyed. Being stuck in a traffic jam this morning was not my cup of tea. And last night was twice as bad just to get home.
Lets start with about 3-4 weeks ago when the Rivercity Expressway was shut down for maintenance works. It had cause serious problems for traffic and luckily for myself, I wasnt injured yet and it didnt bother me that much.

Jump to the present; yesterday, maintenance crews found even more defects/cracks in the expressway's structure. This was only found AFTER they tested the problems they were attempting to fix 4 weeks back. Traffic was almost at a standstill yesterday evening. UGH...and I was like...WTF?!?!?!

Amazing!
Think about it.
A crack LITERALLY brought down Brisbane city.
Brisbane city: the 3rd largest city in Australia...
_|_

No comments: