2007-07-10

A New Post Indeed

Oh dear!
I must have set off some weird form of following...people are hounding me to write an update. HAHA
But the thing is...thinking back...nothing THAT interesting has happened me thinks.
Lets see....

Nadia's House Party
A couple of weeks back, Nadia, Damien and Joel decided to have a house party on a Friday evening. Something about filling up their sink with ice and bottles of beer. ROFL...But we did have fun that night. I polished off 1/2 a bottle of wine plus an assortment of spirits(shots of tequilas) and cocktails(all made by Nadia); not to mention a glass of champagne.

MAN! was I totally out of touch with alcohol?! A couple of years back and that'll just be the starter drinks. That night I walked home feeling light-headed(but not drunk yet of course).
Point to note though...do not have too many snacks AFTER you had finished a large amount of alcohol. It makes you sick.

It had been a while since there was any parties or gatherings it was a great night to catchup. And it seems it'll be the last time we'll party there anyways. They are moving soon(Charlotte Towers issit?) cos the owner switched to short term leasing(which Lindsay reckons is a bad choice). Can't wait for the next party...I might even finish off a full bottle of wine.

Recording an Album
One idea that had been throw around for months before finally came to life when we(Justin and I) finally started on some recording for an album. The original idea was to just record a normal 8-12 track CD with a set of songs from different genres. But that has changed because I felt it might be a more fun endeavor to have it as a joint effort with others so it can be a fun project for everybody.

For now...the CD is due for release in Christmas...so all you guys...expect this to be your Christmas Pressies...lol...and don't think it is a cheap gift ok! Lotsa time and investment will have gone into it by then.

So at this point in time, we have recorded 3 songs in full. And Justin will have to showcase his talents in post production mastering to make me sound like a professional; even though I find my voice wanting. Hopefully we'll be able to rope in some people for duets and even boyband-ish stuff...ROFL.

Just a little pet project to keep us away from drugs, alcohol and all those bad habits in the midst of overwhelming boredom.

The New Work Year
July started a little over 1 week ago and I finally have to get into gear with life. Got a list of things I need to get done:

  1. Get private health cover (just done this afternoon ;) )
  2. Upgrade my phone (Which will arrive at my workplace tomorrow)
  3. Get Income Protection (Already submitted a quote request online)
  4. Taxes (Oh dear me...this one will kill me)
  5. Consider superannuation contributions to reduce taxable income (at first I thought that I can get some co-contribution from the govt as well but apparently, I earn too much to qualify...so it'll just be to reduce taxable income and retirement planning)
  6. Start driving lessons properly
  7. Get a cheap 1st car(or an expensive one to last me for a long time)
  8. Sign up for those dietary meal plans (which might not happen cos Lite'n'Easy only delivers on Tuesday and I am not at home...stupid)

I wonder whether I missed out anything in this list...

But anyways...esp with the tax issue...UGH!
I did a basic run through of my taxes and I realised that I will be digging into my savings to pay for this year's taxes. A little too slack with my planning this whole year. Might even need to hire a tax agent this year.
SIIIIGH!

Got myself a cool new recording microphone, a desk stand and soon, the cables to run it into my computer...my Podcasting might actually go ahead finally...haha. So lookout for that!

Well...at least I am getting some parts of my life together.
Still feeling crappy in general of course...its like a background feeling already...always there but never hits hard enough to kill but not soft enough to ignore. Maybe there'll be some miracle that might happen soon?

No comments: