2008-01-13

Survivor Singapore: Hedonism Island

So let's see...firstly update from my last visit at about...a week ago?
The week has been pretty packed actually...so packed it just disappeared.

Monday was SUPER cos of the KTV session (photos to hopefully follow soon) and the best company of people to be with la. Debs, Ames and Merv; a few people missing but I can't complain ;).

Tuesday was more of catchup with the "family". Finally had a chance to meet up with Greg and Jo for dinner. Jo was late (according to Greg...a normal thing) but we went to Le Maisons(?) in "The Central" beside Clark Quay for dinner. Sort of a cross between Japanese and Western Cuisine. NICE. Then we proceeded to Brew Works(?) for drinks. Totally fun and nostalgic. The family (Jo being the Father, Greg the normal son and me, the retarded son :P) back together again for a night of catching up and suaning (mostly at my expense). It's no wonder I turned out a little screwed up...hahaha....all the teasing as a kid must have done some damage. (OI! you guys are responsible!)

Wednesday was another solid day. Caught the restage of "Beauty World" at the Esplanade courtesy of Debs. But immediately before that, had coffee with Nat and Merv and his sister Eileen at Starbucks, Raffles City. Anyways...back to the musical. Was totally distracted in the first half cos I need the toilet. Irritating la. We were late cos of the place we had dinner at. It was slow and we only made the show by seconds and only by running to the theatre. :S
We then spent time eating and stuffing ourselves at Glutton's Bay beside the Esplanade till about 2am. We were soooo tired but tt's what was fun about it. Good friends and good company cannot deter the primal need for sleep.

On Thursday, had dinner with Kent, Serene, Dao, Melissa and Weixin joined us later for coffee. Another gang of people I LOVE to hang out with. Sigh. It just made me miss the days back in Brissy when everyone was still there...hanging out...partying. Gone are the days of being students. Everyone is moving on. Getting married...planning to get married...ARGH. Driving me nuts!

Friday I received great news. Aunt Pat, Debs's mum, found me a flight for next Sunday. WOOHOO!!! I don't need to rush like a madman anymore and I get a chance to spend more time with a select few people ;). Plus I can go through the Tourist's List of Things to do. Going for a few exhibits at the Museum for example. Heh.
Had afternoon tea with Aunt Pat and Merv at Parkway Parade (another place that is nostalgic from my childhood). We had a good chat, the 3 of us. Very very enjoyable.
Dinner was spent with some people from CowBoyBar. It was my first time meeting some of them so it was exciting and interesting. Had steamboat over at East Coast. (amazing how I am already in the area) Mmmmmm.....the food was gooooood. I think I ate too much. Hahahaha.

And today...stayed indoors for most of the day. My nose is totally irritated from a Cold and I just wanted to sleep. So I did. Even pushed my family dinner to a family lunch tomorrow. But I eventually succumbed to my stomach growling and went down to the coffee shop alone for some makan.
Wow...talk about indulging in absolute gastronomical pleasure. Ok la...not THAT hedonistic but close enough.
Fried Beehoon with Ice Milo followed shortly after with Hokkien Mee with a glass of Iced Lemon Tea. It was at that point that I realised that staying in Singapore might be dangerous for me. Food is tooooooo easily accessible. OMG!
I was stuffed and satisfied and decided to write a bit. (thus this entry)

I wonder if staying around longer for a few days will cause me more harm or not.
The events to be uncovered over the next week will tell.

No comments: