2008-06-29

Positive Thinking VS Real Life

As usual...it has been a while since I wrote.
Not for the lack of something to write about.
Things are happening all the time...just this past weekend, there was a housewarming, then a birthday party, club meeting and then a brief but productive recording session out in whoop-whoop (Make an educated guess).

But as I am sitting here at my desk, with an episode of "No Reservations" playing in the background, all I can think of is what a fellow ex-co member mentioned to me after the meeting just now; words of hope, of "the best case scenario", of positive thinking.
HA! I so want to believe in those words. Many others have fortified the sentiment with similar words in the past but it comes back to experience...my own experience in life...Real Life.

Things aren't a bed of roses. And what you ask/hope/pray for doesn't always happen. People always do what you expect of them...but only when it pertains to the bad things. Of course there are cases to the exception...not often though.
So should I look forward to those rare cases when cynicism fails and the 'good' prevail? I wonder indeed.

On a side note: still trying to decide whether to go for World Youth Day or not. ARGH!

No comments: